Welcome!

Feel free to look around - manga reviews, book reviews, literary works and interviews.

Quote of the Week:
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
- Put your guesses in the shout box!

Last Week's Quote:
"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
- Oscar Wilde

Featured:

The List: My fav. mangas
Jil4J: The Secret Behind the Name

~Want to be a contributer? Contact me.~

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Secret Behind J is looking for J

~J is looking for J~
...

Most people who follow this blog have realized the origin of J is looking for J - it's an inside joke from the manga 100% Perfect Girl. However, they would have also realized that I never truly explained it, and it's about time that I did. So here's a little insight:

Some people are consciously looking for an individual who understands us on a really deep level - perhaps someone who shows and teaches us new things, things that even we don't know about ourselves. Some people are simply searching for another soul to be with - to either dispel the loneliness of our single, solitary voices or to provide support, warmth and company.

Other people are unaware of this inherent, all-encompassing search, though they are still an active participant in this process. A few individuals are lucky enough to have already found someone who fulfills and inspires them to achieve what would have been the impossible.

In our search, we look at the people around us, but we always encounter the same problem - that the person we're searching for isn't there. There's nobody even half-decent, nevermind anyone we can consider our "soulmate". So what do we do? We wait. We wait for that someone to walk down the road, bump into us and hopefully find us just as perfect as we find them.

But if we thought this through rationally, we'd be stumped by the first question. Can fate bring us our destiny so easily? Shouldn't we be out there, actively looking for something to fill that inexplicable hole within us?

And this is where J is looking for J comes in. I don't want to be just waiting. I want to be searching; looking for it. Js are synonymous letters. I can replace the first J with anything - my name, your name, a number, a picture, or an expression of myself. And the other is like the first J - a simple parallelism that would make this sentence complete. It's weird to think that the name of a simple blog can be considered in such a way, but it's a reminder for me to always keep my eyes open. I don't want life to pass me by while I'm half-stuck in dreamland.

Then there are people who read this and think - how can we define fate or destiny or luck or karma or soul - searching? Isn't life just a big coincidence? There are no coherent thoughts; no shackles we can possibly clasp onto intangible substances.

Well, let me ask you: Wouldn't this world - our lives be so much more interesting if we thought otherwise? That someday, our search will be fruitful? That in our search for someone else, for a definition, for a purpose, we might be able to discover something more about ourselves and humanity?
I believe, without a doubt, that life would be much more interesting.

- Annie

4 comments:

  1. Few years ago, I was like that, I was in "J is looking for J" life. I thought in the beginning that what I was searching for was simply someone to love and fill my heart with its kindness, fulfill my dreams and just make life happier, my soul mate.
    I successfully did find someone, he was a great person which made me not believe that its true someone like that exists, he understood me, loved me and appreciated me. But even though I was filled with his kindness and love, I still was searching, and after things got complicated, I realized it wasn't love I did search for, I was supposed to search inside me and not around me!
    I knew I was waiting for me to realize that, but a part of me was scared, scared of searching and preferred waiting because it takes a long time. that part of me still is here, holding me back sometimes but kept me safe, and i took damage much less with it around. I regret taking the other part side, but it was me after all.
    I think in the search that I had, that even though I had a hard time through it, I learned so much about me and life and people and love! I look at things so much differently now, everything became much more interesting, and life never stopped surprising me.
    -Lili

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did u know, lili3, that one of the things i look forward to every day is coming home and reading your comments?

    it's very nice (and inspiring)to know that someone is reading what i write out there.

    i'm glad to hear about how you relate personally, because i love thinking that the content of this blog is letting other people think and reflect about the different aspects of their own lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow .. I don't know what to say, I'm really embarrassed right now, no one ever said to me that i was inspiring XD Thank you ^^ but you are the one who is really inspiring here, because I wouldn't have wrote those comments without your words! and I even started to write a story now(in chapter 2 right now lol)
    You know, I used to write like you few years ago, but i gave up on writing it because no one replied to me ever. I was really surprised when you had only few posts! I was outraged! people replied to someone who just wrote about trips and such, and when you write things that has meaning, not a lot did reply! this is another thing about people i discovered, not a lot likes to think, LOL not in the stupid way, but in the philosophy way, this is one of the things i remember my mom used to tell me when she would quit forums that she regularly posted and made topics in, the mods there actually missed her because of her posts, no one was answering to the topics except the mods anymore, because when she wrote posts, the members actually chimed in, giving their thoughts and debating furiously too!(she would sometimes get mad them and starts fighting LOL) when i read her posts once, it was like reading a book but using simple and not very complicated words(she sometimes used to search for resources before posting just to give examples and etc. once she even read the book someone used to debate about so she can answer him LOL)
    you really remind me of her, but you have more courage than hers, because she never thought about publishing her words, and you are being published in this moment! oh btw Congrats on being published! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have to write it second time. the firast time just got lost.



    I am in this partocular state. i am looking for a possible J(as it works better for me)
    i never thought about it. i thought that i dont need another J. But i was searching for her since i was a little kid and i never realised about it. i thought that she is just going to bump into me but i know myself that i will never find the other J by this way. its stupid.

    because i dont believe in coincidences. i believe in planning and complete planning.
    when planning goes wrong, we blame it on fate and when it goes well, we call it Our plannig.


    you guyz should not write it for audiences but for yourself. i know that its not realistic but it's the way, you should do. do you want some praising toys saying samethings about you everyday? just buy a talk back parrot.
    if you feel good about writing then write if not dont. its like reading. does anyone has to say that ur reading was so admiring?
    u read because it gives u something?
    right?
    i dont know what that something is but i know there is "something" which we get when we do something special.

    ReplyDelete