Welcome!

Feel free to look around - manga reviews, book reviews, literary works and interviews.

Quote of the Week:
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
- Put your guesses in the shout box!

Last Week's Quote:
"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
- Oscar Wilde

Featured:

The List: My fav. mangas
Jil4J: The Secret Behind the Name

~Want to be a contributer? Contact me.~

Friday, February 27, 2009

Book Review: Marked

Fiction: Marked [House of night Series]
[Book 1]
Author: P.C Cast + Kristin Cast
Genres: Fantasy, Mystery, YA
Rating: 9.5/10

[The reason for taking 0.5 points away: I found the story to be lacking in some parts, but I did enjoyed reading it.]


I finished reading this book today and am totally looking forward to reading the second one and so on. The plot is very original - something I haven't read in a while.

From being a total outcast in her old school, to becoming the high priestess of the house of night, Zoey Redbird seems to have come to the right place. But the House of night isn't as peaceful or safe as her old school, as mysterious events happen and enemies begin to arise. Then, along with Zoey's new powers comes [the danger of living in a secret world.]

Overall, it's about a girl struggling to understand and fit into her new vampire school and about the changes that she goes through. An example is how she transforms from being completely grossed out by blood into totally liking it. Of course, don't forget meeting the school preps and getting to know the school's hottest guy, Erik Night.

The plot is interesting, the dialogue is of modern-age - funny and spicy. There are moments that leave you both laughing and crying, moments that take you from sadness to hilarity, and moments that makes you sigh as everything unravels for Zoey and her friends in the House of night.

Needless to say, I enjoyed this book to the core, mostly because I'm into every kind of vampire series. Since I am a devoted vampire fan, I am looking forward to the next books which I will surely be reviewing later on.

By: Eli

Edited By: Annie

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I just bought this book! I'm liking it! My primary thoughts were that of its similarities with Twilight, as that was the first vampire book I had read. But I realised it was its own story, and I'm really glad that it turned out completely different!

    ReplyDelete