Welcome!

Feel free to look around - manga reviews, book reviews, literary works and interviews.

Quote of the Week:
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
- Put your guesses in the shout box!

Last Week's Quote:
"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
- Oscar Wilde

Featured:

The List: My fav. mangas
Jil4J: The Secret Behind the Name

~Want to be a contributer? Contact me.~

Thursday, November 13, 2008

I wrote the following passage as a narrative from the perspective of one of the characters of a famous book. Can you guess which character, and which book? And, if you're really good, the situation of the narrative?

~
Birds chirped while a gentle breeze swept passed by and ruffled my fur as I led the group towards our home. It was a big escarpment lined with a thin belt of large trees at the ridge where the hill flattened out. The sky was a clear and crisp blue dotted with translucent clouds that were too small to form any significant shapes. It was like those winter mornings when the sun stretched its lazy rays across the horizon. Every little insect and bug was full of life, buzzing nosily while flying here and there, never stopping long enough for a predator to take notice. The grass was moist with tiny droplets of dew, which slid off every time something moved nearby. All these activity was inconspicuous to me though; I was busy worrying about Bigwig’s wound, what was to become of us, and our future home.
~

Comment if you know the answer.

I finished Persepolis and True Stories from the Nation's ERs (actually over the weekend). I've been stretched to the max this week.
Number of tests this week: 3
Number of assignments/ labs due: 4
Other important stuff: 1000000

Why am I blogging, then? Because it's a good stress reliever, just like orisinal.com.
Persepolis is a good book to review, and I think I should be reviewing some mangas (but there's no time to read!)

No comments:

Post a Comment