Welcome!

Feel free to look around - manga reviews, book reviews, literary works and interviews.

Quote of the Week:
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
- Put your guesses in the shout box!

Last Week's Quote:
"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
- Oscar Wilde

Featured:

The List: My fav. mangas
Jil4J: The Secret Behind the Name

~Want to be a contributer? Contact me.~

Monday, September 1, 2008

Letters to Myself

Have you ever felt alone... like really, really alone?

Like the whole world doesn't really understand you or the problems you face?

It's often difficult to find someone you trust and spill everything, which is what you want to do in this circumstance, but there's just nobody out there.

When you're sad, or happy or simply content, and at the same time you feel lonely, write a letter to yourself.

I was reading an article from Marie Clare and the article gave me this idea.

Pretend you're old - maybe in your fourties and assuming the position of yourself in that specific age, write a letter to who you are now. Then you'll feel like the whole world is totally alright.

My imaginary 42 year old self has two kids, a good job and a caring husband. I'm a successful business woman who is very happy with her life. Looking back, what would I say to my teenage self? I'd tell her to keep on studying, and always be tenacious in chasing after her dreams. I'd tell her to continually work on her novel, and forget everyone who tells her that she can't do it or that marks are everything.

I'd tell her that one bad hair day isn't something to fuss over, nor is one bad test score. I'd tell her to look after her family and friends, as those people are what matters the most at the end of the day. I'd tell her to enjoy life, and that people only have one youth. Stop and smell the roses! Is what I'd say to her.

And I'd tell her all of this in a letter. And maybe, if my teenage self feels indulgent enough, she'd reply to me with a letter asking for advice, or simply sharing her troubles and successes with me.

Because then, neither of us would ever feel lonely again.

- Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment